Good evening readers!
I recently reached 200 GFC followers (and have since exceeded this) and I just can't believe it. I started this blog at the start of 2012, and never thought that anyone outside my family (well, no one inside my family for that matter) would read it, never mind follow and post such lovely comments!
So to show my appreciation I have decided to host a giveaway...although I have no idea what to actually include in the prize. I know a lot of giveaways normally include beauty products but as this blog doesn't really focus on beauty, I don't really want to do that.
Is there anything that you would like to see included? What do you like to get out of a giveaway? I'm thinking maybe a sort of 'goodie bag' with some of my favourite things...any thoughts? Much appreciated!
Wednesday, 12 September 2012
I love baking, and think there's nothing better than a home-cooked meal or fresh cakes straight out of the oven. I made brownies for the first time in ages yesterday and don't know why I don't more often...they're easy to make and taste so much better than shop-bought ones! They're going down a treat in my house so I thought I'd share the recipe with you lovely lot.
350g caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
100g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
75g cocoa powder
- Grease and line a baking tin, and set the oven to Gas mark 4/180 C/350 F
- Melt the margarine in a pan over a low heat, then pour into a large mixing bowl. Add the sugar and vanilla essence
- Beat the eggs in a cup or small bowl, then slowly add to the rest of the mixture, mixing them in well
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder. Mix well
- Pour the mixture into the tin, smoothing it with a knife or back of a spoon
- Bake for 40 minutes. To check that they're done, stick a fork in and it should come out clean
- Leave them to cool for about 10 minutes then lift the paper (along with brownies) out of the tin, and cut into squares
- Enjoy with a cup of tea!
Wednesday, 5 September 2012
Skirt: Urban Outfitters
Boots: Kurt Geiger
I am obsessed with metal collars at the moment, I just love how they can transform a seemingly plain shirt. I bought this top whilst in LA a couple of months ago and whenever I wear it I always get asked where it's from...I haven't seen it being sold over here but I just checked Wasteland's website and they're still selling it on there, and ship to the UK!
P.S The lipstick I'm wearing is Sweet Kiss by Bourjois
© Style Trunk . All rights reserved.