I love baking, and think there's nothing better than a home-cooked meal or fresh cakes straight out of the oven. I made brownies for the first time in ages yesterday and don't know why I don't more often...they're easy to make and taste so much better than shop-bought ones! They're going down a treat in my house so I thought I'd share the recipe with you lovely lot.
350g caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
100g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
75g cocoa powder
- Grease and line a baking tin, and set the oven to Gas mark 4/180 C/350 F
- Melt the margarine in a pan over a low heat, then pour into a large mixing bowl. Add the sugar and vanilla essence
- Beat the eggs in a cup or small bowl, then slowly add to the rest of the mixture, mixing them in well
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder. Mix well
- Pour the mixture into the tin, smoothing it with a knife or back of a spoon
- Bake for 40 minutes. To check that they're done, stick a fork in and it should come out clean
- Leave them to cool for about 10 minutes then lift the paper (along with brownies) out of the tin, and cut into squares
- Enjoy with a cup of tea!